TUNNELING AND PIPE-JACKING SYSTEMS
At Tenbusch, we design and manufacture tunneling and pipe jacking systems.
- Custom designed specifically for the customer's application,
- For both liner plate and pipe-jacking applications,
- Available as stand alone components, or delivered as a complete system.
We build all the equipment needed for a complete tunnel or pipe-jacking system:
- Tunneling and Pipe-Jacking Shields
- Hydraulic Power Units (HPUs)
- Muck Cart and Track
- Underground Lubricant Systems
- Intermediate Jacking Stations
- Backstops (Thrust Walls).
To obtain more information on how our tunneling and pipe-jacking systems can help you achieve your objectives, please contact us.
TUNNELING AND PIPE-JACKING SHIELDS
Tunneling shields are essential for basic hand tunneling - whether the tunneling process is a conventional pipe-jacking operation or consists of constructing a tunnel with liner plate. Tunneling and pipe-jacking shields provide several benefits to the overall tunneling process:
- Protects the workers,
- Allows for steering of the shield (mechanical or hydraulic powered),
- Provides a necessary support base for "sand shelves" in wet and runny soils,
- Provides a structural anchor for an excavator,
- Provides a structural base for using a conveyor,
- Allows for excavation operations in the front of the shield to progress while liner plate is assembled at the rear of the shield (for liner plate applications).
We design and build custom excavators to improve material removal rates at the tunnel face.
- Mechanized excavation at the face of the shield improves productivity, reducing overall operational costs of the project,
- Tenbusch shield excavators are designed and built for maximum range of motion and are able to reach and excavate at any location on the face of the tunnel,
- Our excavators can be transferred to other shields for other tunneling and pipe-jacking projects,
- Tenbusch shield excavators are custom built according to customer's specifications and job applications.
We have a short video that shows the operation of a Tenbusch shield excavator:
We design and build custom conveyors for tunneling and pipe-jacking operations.
- We build heavy duty conveyors appropriate for tunneling applications,
- Mechanized conveyors transport spoil from the floor of the tunnel face and convey it up and into the muck cart,
- Our custom conveyors enhance spoil removal rates and improve productivity,
- Tenbusch conveyors can be transferred to other shields for other tunneling or pipe-jacking projects,
- Tenbusch conveyors are custom built according to the customer's specifications and job site conditions.
We have a short video that shows the operation of a Tenbusch shield conveyor:
MUCK CART AND TRACK
Tenbusch Inc. designs and manufactures custom spoil removal equipment for conventional pipe-jacking and liner plate tunneling applications. Tenbusch track is designed with the following features:
- Designed to be easily bolted together in the tunnel,
- Customer specified track gauge and track lengths,
- Sized for maximum strength and rigidity,
- Kept as light as possible to make it easy for the workers to install.
The spoil bowl is separate from its cart so as to be easily removed and dumped. The bowl is designed to automatically dump when lifted by the appropriate lift point. Quality design, function, and manufacture.
More details are presented in the following brochure we have prepared: