We design and manufacture backstops (thrust walls). Backstops provide a broad, portable, and easily transported mass which distributes thrust and minimizes deflection and drift of heavy equipment in tunneling and pipe-jacking operations.
We design and build steel and concrete backstops to withstand movement and force during jacking operations. Specific Tenbusch backstop design features include:
- Distributes force over a large area,
- Minimizes heavy equipment deflection and flexing under load,
- Provides significant additional inertia to thrusting process,
- Provides easy alignment of thrusting process with the use of steel shims or granular fill between backstop and any shoring.
Backstops provide ideal thrust restraint for underground applications including:
- Tunneling and pipe-jacking,
- Box-culvert tunneling and jacking,
- Trenchless pipe installation and pipe bursting,
- Auger and road boring applications.
Please review our backstop brochure:
To obtain more information on how our backstops (thrust-walls) can help you achieve your objectives, please contact us.